Gloucestershire, Cotswolds, United Kingdom
Thyme is an English country destination, nestled in the heart of the Cotswold village of Southrop. An enclosed collection of restored historic buildings form a peaceful hamlet environment, a ‘village within a village,’ that epitomises the understated & natural beauty of the surrounding area. A sustainable ethos is rooted in the kitchen garden & farm, ensuring a gentle footprint in the local and global landscape. Offering hotel rooms, cottages, cookery school classes, spa facilities, tithe barn dining for celebrations & corporate events, cocktail bar, restaurant, village pub and gardens.Check availability
- All rooms have ensuite facilities, some with roll-top baths in the rooms. Supremely comfortable mattresses & beautiful linen; tea & coffee making facilities; television; free Wifi; complimentary newspapers; bathrobes; True Grace toiletries
- Rooms in the Lodge have their own individual character including a vintage Hollywood-styled room, complete with home cinema. Private access to the lawn with the iconic Cedar of Lebanon & fields beyond.
- The Farmhouse, sits within its own English country garden featuring a traditional boules court. Inside, guests relax in the drawing room or for private events enjoy exclusive use of the house’s kitchen & dining room.
- The Courtyard includes the Ox Houses, the Dairy & the Tallet: 17th century farm buildings that have been luxuriously renovated.
- Five contemporary Garden Rooms situated in the landscaped Ox Barn terrace, each with a private garden
- For the more independent traveller who would like their own private living spaces, we have two cottages: one situated in the Courtyard at Thyme, the second in the village a five minute walk away.
- Their village pub 'Swan'. Try the Mussels
Wine & Dine
- Ox Barn: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Seasonal produce sourced from their kitchen garden
- The Swan: Simple prepared, honest food in a cosy ambience
- The Baa: Sitting room & cocktail bar offering coffees, herbal infusions & selection of home-made cakes. After Dinner Cocktails and wines
- Country Style
- Midweek rooms from £360 per night. Weekend rooms from £400 per night
- Offering a bespoke menu of Thyme treatments in partnership with award-winning, natural British brand, Aurelia Probiotic Skincare. Sharing a mutual philosophy for natural ingredients and a ‘love of the land’, treatments are tailored specifically for mind and body harnessing unique probiotic ingredients to protect, restore and balance the skin from within
- The outside pool & hot tub ... enclosed by Cotswold stone walls and sheltered even on winter days, offering guests the opportunity to swim in pure spring water. Drawn from our own spring, a subterranean river 50 meters down, the water is filtered through Cotswold limestone and a revolutionary bio-filtration system, to deliver crystal clear water without the use of any chemicals
- The surrounding countryside & villages are truly picturesque with lovely walks or cycle rides with picnics to truly immerse yourself
- The Cookery School: Classes often start in the kitchen garden, showing guests how the produce is grown before harvesting for their menu; before preparing & cooking their meal under the guidance of Thyme’s chefs. The 'Instinctive Cook' is our flagship class, starting with the best seasonal ingredients fresh from the garden or your local market and exploring flavour combinations that inspire creative, confident cookery
How to get there
- Very convenient from London. Less then 2 hours by car. Trains run from Paddington to Swindon (55min), from where you need a 1/2h taxi drive
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.