Val d’Orcia, Tuscany, Italy
Locanda in Tuscany
Locanda in Tuscany is a perfect location for an authentic luxury experience with no bling, for those looking for a relaxing holiday away from the noise of the city and surrounded just by the Tuscan nature. It is an intimate and immersive experience of the beauty and vitality of life in the region, with a focus on sustainable and organic principles, from the paints used throughout the property to the mini-bar selections to the food and wine offerings at the restaurant. The building is a private country mansion from the XVII century totally renovated in respect to the Tuscan tradition and in authentic country chic style. Each one of the nine rooms is an oasis crafted from traditional elements like brick floors, wood-beam ceilings, exposed stone walls, harmonious colors, and antique furnishings.Check availability
- 9 rooms including 4 Suites
- Free WiFi throughout. In rooms: flatscreen TV, minibar and bath products.
- In-room spa treatments are available for guests staying in rooms with a freestanding tub.
- The 20-meter outdoor swimming pool is flanked by sunbeds with magnificent views of the rolling Tuscan countryside
Wine & Dine
- Breakfast is served from 8:30am to 10:30am each morning
- Taverna di Mozart is an old stable serving typical tuscan dishes cooked in the “old-fashioned way”.
- Countryside chic
- The Locanda is a labor of love for owners Luca and Claudia Bernetti, who upon deciding to open a hotel asked themselves: “What is the luxury world missing today?” They knew a magnificent property with breathtaking views would not be enough. The Bernettis wanted their guests to fall in love. Locanda was the place where that could happen, where they could offer visitors a gift to carry in their hearts forever.
- Rooms from € 210 / day
UNESCO world heritage
- Tuscany’s Val d’Orcia UNESCO world heritage site may well be the most perfect slice of the most perfect part of Italy. Lying just south of Siena, this ancient valley of gently rolling hills and scenic villages can feel blissfully timeless, its rich history and natural splendor exquisitely preserved.
- We do recommend Osteria del Leone and Il Loggiato in Bagno Vignoni, a small village well known for its hot springs. In Pienza La Terrazza del Chiostro has an amazing view from its garden while in San Quirico d’Orcia Fonte alla Vena. And last but not least, Boccon Divino is the best in Montalcino, a wonderful town flourishing with amazing wines and food.
Worth getting out of bed for
- While for other activities I would like to start with food and wine. We can book for you a wine tour and tasting in the beautiful medieval towns of Montalcino or Montepulciano, both 30 minutes driving from Locanda in Tuscany. In Montalcino I am pleased to suggest Podere Le Ripi , with its unique cellar and its amazing Brunello di Montalcino and Rosso di Montalcino.
- In Montepulciano I highly recommend Salcheto, an organic winery producing Rosso and Nobile di Montepulciano that is also a perfect place to enjoy good wines, food and an outstanding scenery from the dining room or terrace overlooking the town.
- Then with regarding to food, I really suggest you a cheese tasting in Pienza in this amazing place called Podere Il Casale. There you will have the opportunity to taste a delicious Pecorino cheese combined with the tour of the farm with theirs animals.
- I'm pleased to inform you that we may also arrange for you horseback riding tours of a different lengths across the magical hills of the Val d’Orcia.
- If you are interesting in cooking authentic Tuscan cuisine and if you have an idea in mind of something you would like to learn how to cook, we can arrange a personalized cooking class for you!
- Thermal bath are a extremely beautiful experience! I really suggest you Bagno Vignoni a small medieval village famous for its hot springs. The water of Bagno Vignoni rises from the soil at a temperature of 49° C. The water contains calcium, iron, and zinc, ideal to smooth over the pains and aches of arthritis and rheumatism, and has stood out for centuries for its healthiness.
- Otherwise, for nature lover, Bagni San Filippo is the perfect place, a stream in the woods at the confluence of several hot springs in a series of pools where you can swim all the year long and enjoy the special limestone formations that for their shapes have inspired the evocative such names as 'the white whale' or 'the glacier’.
When to go
- The Locanda is open from April till New Year’s Eve. Season starts in April and lasts till the end of October. Autumn always shows the valley at its best: As the tourist season winds down, vineyards turn to russet and gold, and harvest festivals abound.
How to get there
- By Air: Nearest airports are Perugia (1 1/2h), Florence (1 3/4h) and Rome (2h)
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.