The Altstadt Vienna is located on the Spittelberg in Vienna's fashionable "Boboville" district, in the heart of Vienna. In this venerable patrician house, they offer 62 rooms and suites. Each different from the next. All of them inspiring.Check availability
Rooms and Suites
- All 62 rooms, suites and apartments are individually designed, and spread out on five floors. Designer furniture, light installations, paintings and a love for detail give each its special flavor. The two apartments feature a large living room, a separate bedroom, a kitchenette as well as a dining area. A connecting door allows them to be combined, thereby offering 170 square meters of living space. Guests can choose between room categories suite or double room, each in various room sizes, from “regular” to “x-large”. Each one of the many Altstadt accomodations is unique unto itself, each piece, chandelier and winged door evoking memories of the long history of this patrician house, where artists, designers and architects reinterpret the Viennese take on life and the art of hospitality.
Wine & Dine
- Eggs Benedict, favourite morning special.
Good to know
- From paintings and photographs to sculptures and furnishings: Over 400 artworks are spread out through the rooms of the Hotel Altstadt Vienna. These include pieces by Andy Warhol, Pablo Picasso, Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Markus Prachensky and Alex Ruthner.
Roof top terrace
- From the beginning of May to the end of October, or as the weather permits, you can enjoy fresh air, sunshine and aperitifs on the rooftop terrace in the inner courtyard. This green oasis in the middle of the city is a wonderful place to retreat with a book or activate the body with an early morning yoga session. The mural by artist Frank Maria creates jungle vibes above the rooftops of Vienna.
- Create a public space in the heart of the city, to which guests can withdraw and feel as if they are in their own living room – the hosts managed to pull off this feat in the Red Salon. Over breakfast, hotel- and daytime guests are able to enjoy regional products such as cheese by Pöhl, cereals from Verival and Staud’s jams. High ceilings, an open fire and a large artwork by Iris Kohlweiss create an atmospheric, cozy ambience, in which travelers can wind down their day over a good glass of wine or an evening snack. Guests in search of added calm can indulge at no charge in a selection of high-quality Austrian teas by Sonnentor. The ideal behind all of this is encapsulated in the motto of the hotel itself: Slow down, consciously take time, and relax in an informal atmosphere.
- Rooms from € 179/ night
Vienna is basically a city that you can perfectly explore by foot, starting from the Hotel Altstadt Vienna. There are beautiful buildings like the Museum of Art History and the Museum of Natural History, only 7 minutes away, to the center of the old city, the St. Stephan's Cathedral. It's a 25 minutes walk with a lot to see on the way.
- Zur Herknerin Wiedner Hauptstrasse 36
- Cafe Ansari Praterstrasse 15
- Mochi ramen bar. Vorgartenmarkt Praterstrasse 15
- Momo Pizza Kirchengasse 35
- In summer Chez Bernard Rooftop Terrace and Bar Mariahilfer Strasse 71a
- In winter Moby Dick Bar Neustiftgasse 26
- Sweets Viola Wien Sundays and public holidays closed. Strozzigasse 42
- The ALBERTINA Museum Albertinaplatz 1
- Great exhibitions at MUMOK Museumsplatz 1
- Belvedere Prinz Eugen-Strasse 27, Rennweg 6, Arsenalstrasse 1
- Everything in the MuseumsQuartier is great, also things to do for kids/families. Museumsplatz 1
What to do
- Renting a boat at the Danube on a sunny day. Wagramer Str. 49
- Night club Grelle Forelle Spittelauer Lände 12
- Best concert venue Arena Wien Baumgasse 80
How to get there
- From Vienna-Schwechat International Airport, guests can reach the hotel in a 30-minute taxi drive. From Vienna's Westbahnhof station (two kilometers) as well as the Main Station (four kilometers), the taxi drive will take about ten minutes.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.