Where To Eat, Drink And Stay This Summer In Paris
Paris is always a good idea, they say. The line is often attributed to Audrey Hepburn in the movie Sabrina. Joining the ranks of a long list of [American] expatriates who have stayed in the City of Light, Sabrina goes to Paris to find herself. But travelling to Paris in late spring or early autumn is perhaps the best idea.
In June, Paris sees the start of summer, which means beautiful weather, lovely strolls in and around, and a lively city also at night. The City of Light is bursting with sunshine, music, art festivals, and street markets that enliven the streets. Annual events like Roland Garros are taking place and make Paris feel like Paris again. Here is our edit of where to eat, drink and stay this summer.
- Les Enfants du Marché, it's not new. It's been around for a while. What's new is the menu. Everyday. What's great is the vibe. Casual, yet elegant counter and high top. On a sunny day, it can't be beat. Excellent people watching and a cool team that's whipping up creative seasonal food that's not seen on every menu. Today's white asparagus was served untraditionally with stracciatella and an apple-like citrus compote. Natural and conventional wines. Give yourself an hour and half at least to have a great experience then pick up fresh produce, breads and necessities from the market shops. An afternoon well-spent. Marché des Enfants Rouges, 39 Rue de Bretagne, 3 arr.
- Anne Meat restaurant, 28 place des Vosges, 3 arr.
- L'Ami Louis 32 Rue du Vertbois, 3 arr.
- Le Bar des Près Japanese, 25 rue du Dragon, 6 arr.
- Caviar Kaspia Sunday: Closed, 17 Place de la Madeleine, 8 arr.
- La Tour Montlhéry - Chez Denise. Closed Saturday and Sunday, 5 rue des Prouvaires, 1 arr.
- La Poule au Pot 7 Rue d'Aguesseau, 8 arr.
- Fontaine de Mars 129, rue Saint-Dominique, 7 arr.
- À L'Épi d'Or 25 rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 1 arr.
- Benoît 20, rue Saint Martin, 4 arr.
- Aux Lyonnais 32, rue Saint-Marc, 2 arr.
- Auberge Bressane 16 Av. de la Motte-Picquet, 7 arr.
- Aux Crus de Bourgogne 3 Rue Bachaumont, 3arr
- Le Petit Célestin Sunday afternoon, 12 Quai des Célestins, 4 arr.
- Le Relais de l’Entrecôte 15 Rue Marbeuf, 8 arr.
Where to stay
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.