Where To Eat, Drink, And Stay In Vienna
Every year from 2009 to 2019, the Mercer's Quality of Living survey has named Vienna as the best place to live in the entire world. Here are some reasons why the Austrian capital is just wonderful and why you should visit this fall.
Life in Vienna is drenched in culture and the arts. The city is associated with some monumental characters: Beethoven, Klimt and Mozart, to name just a few. Vienna offers incredible museums and music venues, including the Vienna State Opera House. Another key feature contributing to the city’s wellbeing is the world famous coffee culture. Viennese coffee houses are insitutions, loved by locals and tourists alike. Below are our favourite things to do and see in the Austrian Capital.
Where to eat & drink
- Zur Herknerin Wiedner Hauptstrasse 36
- Cafe Ansari Praterstrasse 15
- Mochi Praterstrasse 15
- Mochi ramen bar, Vorgartenmarkt
- Momo Pizza Kirchengasse 35
- Sweets Viola Wien Strozzigasse 42
- For the past 20 years, the family-run Meinklang biodynamic farm and winery in Austria’s Burgenland region has focused on producing ancient grains like einkorn and emmer (from which it makes its own beer) and grass-fed Angus beef. The chef Thomas Piplitz, assembles a seasonally driven daytime menu of herb-heavy salads and small plates, like the signature Angus tartare. Margaretenstraße 58
- Chez Bernard Rooftop Terrace and Bar Mariahilfer Strasse 71a ©Oliver Jiszda
What to see
What to do
- Naschmarkt open-air food market constructed in the 16th century and feels like a cross between London’s old Covent Garden and Dinerama. Remember to get cash.
- State Opera House for world-class opera performances. Herbert-von-Karajan-Platz
- Renting a boat at the Danube on a sunny day. Wagramer Str. 49
- Best concert venue Arena Wien Baumgasse 80
Where to stay
- Altstadt Vienna is located on the Spittelberg in Vienna's fashionable "Boboville" district, in the heart of Vienna. In this venerable patrician house, they offer 62 rooms and suites. Each is different from the next. All of them inspiring. Kirchengasse 41
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.