The Best Restaurants In Rome
From the city center to Trastevere. Here’s our edit in the eternal City.
Rome has some of the best restaurants in the world. From simple trattorias to fine dining - our experts tried most of them, here are our highlights.
For outdoor dining in one of the most elegant non-touristic quiet squares, Pierluigi is an indulgent and lively Roman Ristorante. Known for it’s high-quality seafood selection, focus your ordering here for the freshest catch in town. Save for special occasions, the menu changes often as fish is sourced locally and seasonally, and enjoy a slightly different experience each time. Reservations highly suggested.
- Piazza de' Ricci 144, 00186 Roma
- More about Pierluigi
Around the corner from one of our favorite stays, J.K. Place Roma, Matricianella is an old-school classic - white table clothes, wooden table sets, small framed family photos and bottles of Sassaica line the walls. They only speak Italian and prefer that you have taken the time to make a reservation, even for lunch. This is why you ventured to Rome, isn’t it? Daily specials featuring selects from the markets a few blocks over are suggested, but everything is delicious, especially the artichokes, pastas and meats. Outdoor dining is a coveted experience if you can snag a table in advance. Reservations highly suggested.
- Via del Leone 4, 00186 Roma
- More about La Matricianella
And a few more for your list below:
- Da Enzo, Via Ennio Quirino Visconti, 39
- Osteria Delle Copelle Piazza delle Coppelle, 54/55/56
- Il Sorpasso Via Properzio, 31/33
- La Ciambella Via dell'Arco della Ciambella, 20
- Roscioli (lunch) Via dei Giubbonari, 21-22
- Retrobottega Via della Stelletta, 4
- Il Giardino (lunch) Via Ludovisi 49 Hotel Eden
- Pianostrada (lunch), Via delle Zoccolette, 22
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.