The 8 Best European Airports
These European airports offer the best travel experience. Words by a Frequent Flyer.
1) Munich international Airport, Germany (MUC)
The most beautiful and luxurious airport in Europe. Extremely easy to navigate and the layover time is mostly very less. MUC offers the best travel experience.
2) Zurich Kloten International Airport, Switzerland (ZRH)
Fast customs between connecting flights. Very clean and efficient. Only 10-15 min from the heart of Zurich.
3) London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom (LHR)
The biggest European airport and great for shopping, numerous boutiques including Harrods and great food options are other highlights. Also the stunning Terminal 5, perhaps the best Terminal on the continent.
4) Düsseldorf International Airport, Germany (DUS)
Super quick accessible from the center, clean and easy to navigate.
5) Frankfurt Airport, Germany (FRA)
One of Europe's most important and largest airports, Lufthansa hub. A model of efficiency and cleanliness.
6) Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport, Spain (MAD)
Amongst Southern European airports, Madrid is our favourite. Terminal 4 has received several awards for its outstanding architecture. The airport is as close as 12 km to the city centre.
7) Vienna International Airport, Austria (VIE)
Very compact airport, offers great views and easy to reach from city center. The trains to city center are available right at the terminal.
8) Copenhagen Kastrup International Airport, Denmark (CPH)
One of the most efficient airports in Europe.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.