Merano, South Tyrol, Italy
Villa Verde offers 35 apartment like rooms in an historical villa, stunning gardens and a spa. Their Viennese inspired coffee house provides a quaint and charming setting for a welcome pick-me-up, where you can soak up the atmosphere and immerse yourself in the seasonal changes. The historical spa town of Merano is within easy reach. Here you can experience the vibrant town’s historical buildings, wide choice of shops, eateries, and its picturesque surroundings.Check availability
VillaVerde is the work of creative minds. The buildings, arranged in the form of an arena, surround the park with a natural swimming pond, outdoor pool and herb garden. For every mood the right place to linger: whether in the coffee house, in the fireplace room, in the villa, on the light-flooded veranda or on the terrace. Every place has its own charm.
VillaVerde offers 35 apartment style rooms in an historical villa, stunning gardens and a spa.
- Each of the VillaVerde apartments has a garden or terrace, a fully equipped kitchen and spacious rooms. The apartments for two or four people include breakfast and free access to the spa area.
Breakfast spread with regional and organic products
Spa access with bio-sauna, steam bath and Finnish garden sauna
25-metre heated outdoor swimming pool with indoor access
Natural bathing pond in the middle of the park
Parking in the underground car park
A coffee shop that lights up in the morning and still glows warmly in the evening. Breakfast is served to the house guests in the morning and later in the afternoon and evening, aperitifs can be enjoyed while the sun sets. A place to meet in peaceful, pleasant surroundings.
The spa area boasts a swimming pool, saunas and an area to relax in. The beauty salon is complete with armchairs, expert manicurists and of course, prosecco! They welcome you to have a chat with their spa manager to understand which treatments you would like and they have to offer you - so much more personal than the standard spa menu they think! Here they offer a different level of wellness. Just when you think it couldn’t get better they invite you to dive into our very own lake set in the park itself. An authentic jewel taking you closer to nature.
At VillaVerde Spa you have the choice of an organic sauna, steam bath and Finnish garden sauna. Enjoy a few sauna sessions, a refreshing shower and relax in one of the three rest areas in a snug VillaVerde bathrobe.
- Keep it cosy
- Rates from: EUR 300 / night
- Restaurant Leiter am Waal a good mix of traditional and modern dishes with an amazing view over Merano.
- Blaue Traube trattoria. Wonderful old building with a terrace for summer dinners. Jung team and an excellent chef.
- Home Chef – it’s a gourmet box, directly delivered to the hotel in sustainable packaging. The dishes with regional products are almost ready to serve, the guests only have to make the finishing touches. The box is ideal for cozy evenings on the apartment terrace.
Worth getting out of bed for
- There are plenty of activities such as hiking in the Merano Mountains, Nordic walking (approx. 100 km), mountain biking (3000 km of trails) or helicopter tours in the Dolomites. Wine tastings, vineyard & cheese tours, private guided hikes and paragliding. The Golf Clubs Lana and Passeier are in the immediate area.
Good to know
- Merano is a fantastic shopping exploration from local to known clothing brands, speciality to book shops, jewellers and delicatessens.
- The spa town of Merano is not only famous for Romantic castles and Gothic churches, but also it's historic town centre and the Mediterranean climate. It is one of northern Italy's most interesting cultural destinations with plenty of museums, beautiful Art Nouveau Spa buildings, modern art galleries and the famous arch alley of Merano.
Culture & Events
- Trauttmansdorff Castle St.-Valentin-Str. 51A
- Kunst Meran Museum Laubengasse 163
- Women's Museum Meinhardstr. 2
- Jewish Museum Via Schiller 14
- Südtirol Jazzfestival Alto Adige every year from the end of June, for nine days. This year, be sure to bookmark June 24th – July 3rd.
When to go there
- South Tyrol is a year-round destination but we recommend visiting during the beautiful summer, when you can take full advantage of the outdoor activities and vineyards, from June till September.
How to get there
- Fly into Innsbruck (155 km) or Verona (177 km). The smaller airport of Bolzano is now connected to some European cities with SkyAlps. (25 min drive to the hotel)
- By train: Get off at the main train station of Merano/Meran.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.