Pognana Lario, Lake Como, Italy
Lake Como is a jewel-like oasis of tranquility, a magical combination of lush mediterranean foliage and snowy alpine peaks. The Lago also known as Lario has been a popular retreat for aristocrats and wealthy people since roman times.Your escape to this grandiose northern Italian paradise should begin at one of our lovely lakeside hotels. When classical Italian architecture meets modern standards of luxury, a unique harmony is created. It is that same vision that lead to the creation of this exclusive estate to ensure a genuine experience of Lake Como. Villa Làrio is an exclusive property which extends over 2 acres of private gardens directly on Lake Como. The Suites are located in four different constructions. Villa Bianca with four Suites, the reception and Restaurant, Pavilion, an independent villa with two bedrooms en suite, large salon, private terrasse, exceptional view and Garden Suite, an independent Suite in the historical gardens. Directly by the lake, you will find Il Palazzo a XIXth century classical villa with an impressive loggia and terrasse. Il Palazzo is used for receptions and will be part of hefty restructuration these coming years to offer clients another unique perspective on the lake.Check availability
- Each of the suite has been carefully and individually catered for by interior designer Pietro Castagna.
- The restaurant will cater to your Italian taste buds, offering a modern Italian. cuisine. Indulge in homemade pasta, fresh fish, ripe tomatoes or taste olive. oils for a true culinary experience.
- While staying at Villa Làrio, you will benefit from a direct access to the lake and enjoy our private pontoon. You can take a swim, enjoy a water sport afternoon, take a drink à fleur d’eau or get ready for a wooden boat pick up or take delivery of a rental boat to enjoy a lake tour. Free initiation to water skiing on week days for 1 hour.
Good to know
- Villa Làrio organises free yoga sessions every morning in the gardens.
- Starting from € 450 / day
Worth getting out of bed for
- While some may chose to take it slow and enjoy the dolce vita life style, others can appreciate its lush gardens and panoramic infinity swimming pool. Lake Como also offers many nautical activities right on the footsteps of the property thanks to Villa Làrio’s private pier, from waterskying, to riva boat ride, or lake swimming!
- Nestled between luxuriant gardens and Lake Como, Villa Làrio can be made your own for private events. It offers the spirit of a private home with taylor made integrated first class services and dedicated staff, to make your event memorable.
- A trip by boat to Varenna is a must, one of the most picturesque village at the Lago.
How to get there
- Airports: Milano Malpensa 60 km. Milano Linate 75 km. Lugano (CH) 45 km.
- Train connections to Como from Milano
- Taxi or pick-up service on request
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.