St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
In the summer of 2021 an extraordinary hotel opened in St. Anton am Arlberg: The Ullrhaus. The name is derived from the Nordic god of skiing - Ullr. He has found his home here. Where else but in St. Anton am Arlberg, the cradle of alpine skiing, should a ski god feel at home? A total of 88 state-of-the-art cable cars and lifts offer the highest standard of safety and comfort. Arlberg has made a name for itself since 1937, the year the Galzigbahn opened. 305 kilometers of marked ski runs, superbly prepared slopes for all ability levels, and 200 km of off-piste terrain ensure variety and enjoyment.Check availability
- The Ullrhaus is not a classic alpine hotel: It is where creative people and design lovers want to spend their mountain vacation. The hotel is inspired by the surrounding nature and combines Nordic influence with Alpine materials: light sage tones, rich forest green, and lime gray dominate, all shapes are reduced, and warm woolen fabrics create a cozy atmosphere. In addition to elegant double rooms and suites, the Ullrhaus also offers serviced apartments, for example, the Ullr Suite with its own generous sauna and private terrace: Located on the top floor, guests enjoy modern luxury and the view of the hustle and bustle in St. Anton as the surrounding mountains.
Introducing the Owner's
- The local couple Franziska Alber and Michael Gfall have looked for a special place for the Home of Skiing: in the middle of town, between the Rendl and Galzig lifts and only a few steps away from the pedestrian zone. They also run the Galzig Bistrobar next door and love to share their passion for good food and design.
Wellness & SPA
- You can relax in their wellness area with a 17-meter-long indoor pool, a spacious sauna area, a steam bath, and a cozy relaxation room for a nice time-out. Two massage rooms and the in-house fitness room make the feel-good experience perfect.
Casual Fine Dining
- The à la carte restaurant in the Ullrhaus is managed by hotelier and chef Michael Gfall himself: “We will combine Nordic and Alpine cuisine,” says the chef. Enjoy the 8-course surprise menu with a lovely choice of wines or enjoy a nice aperitif at the lobby with its open fireplace. The place is intended to be a meeting point for guests and locals with really cool architecture and design.
- St Anton is a proper Ski town. Fusalp on and off the slopes.
- Rooms starting at € 375 per night
Worth getting out of bed for
- Guaranteed snow and excellent piste conditions are the ever-reliable hallmarks of Austria's largest inter-connected ski area. Ski Arlberg , which comprises the villages of St. Anton am Arlberg, St. Christoph, Stuben, Lech, Zürs, Warth and Schröcken, consists of more than 300 km of marked slopes and 200 km of off-piste trails. The 87 state-of-the-art cable cars and lifts offer the highest standards of safety, comfort, and efficiency. The region is also a founding member of ‘Best of the Alps’, the quality association of the 13 most renowned alpine destinations.
Winter start 2022/23
- Will be on the first December weekend.
- The best ski hire and equipment with the friendliest team can be found in the Alber Sport Freeride Shop or Alber check-in shop.
Where to eat and drink in town
Galzig Bistro Bar, which is also run by the hotel owner's, is meeting place for many regular guests and locals.
Giggls in the pedestrian is known for its extremely tasty antipasti and amazing cocktails.
How to get there
- Nearest airports: Innsbruck is a little over an hour. Zurich is 2 1/2h hour's away. Airport Munich approx. 3 hour's drive.
- St Anton am Arlberg has its own train connection with direct links to Innsbruck, Munich and Zurich.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.