Sent, Engadin Valley, Switzerland
Pensiun Aldier since 1865
The Pensiun Aldier is a little and charming hotel in Sent on 1443 meters above sea level, a very well preserved historic village in the sun-blessed Engadin. The hotel which was built in 1865 fits perfectly well into the surroundings and is homey and elegant at the same time.Check availability
- Every room is different and tells its own story. There are 16 Double Rooms (13 Double / 2 Suites/1 Junior-Suite). All rooms with ensuite bathroom, Sat. TV, free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas
- Lounge, library, and Honesty Bar with access to a big balcony overviewing the village
- Beautiful Garden and Terrace with deck chairs
- In-house Alberto-Giacometti-Museum: Worldwide unique private collection of the graphic works of Alberto Giacometti with over 200 exhibits, bronze- sculptures of his brother Diego and an important photo collection of Giacometti's friend and Photographer Ernst Scheidegger.
- The large libraries with over 1000 titles are the main feature of the hotel. Important publications on architecture, photography, art, and, of course, literature are available to guests and can be read while having breakfast or dinner. In addition, instead of chocolate, each guest is greeted with a book on his pillow upon arrival.
Wine & Dine
- Restaurant: it’s the second best in the valley and quite famous for its good kitchen, wine cellar, and a vast choice of spirits – including nice Single Malts.
- They produce their own Vermouth and Sloe Gin with herbs from the region, which are only available at their place and are now taken all over the world by their guests. It is made in the former village branch of the local bank, which closed a few years ago. Because they left all of the furnishings, it still looks like a bank and is quite unique.
- The lounge is a truly cozy place with alpine interiors, local wood, and these incredibly comfortable leather armchairs. Ideal for your afternoon tea, a pre-dinner drink or just conclude a happy day with a night-cap
- Smarten up for dinner in the Restaurant
- Doubles from CHF 278 / day in double occupancy including breakfast
Worth getting out of bed for
- Don‘t miss to take a stroll around the beautiful village of Sent. Discover it on your own or with a local guide. Latter also always has a few nice anecdotes ready for you
- In terms of art, the Engadin is a hotspot for modern and contemporary art. Hip international galleries have their branches here. The artist Not Vital has created an impressive and public monument with his Tarasp Castle and the Sculpture Park, as has Grazyna Kulczyk with the Muzeum Susch, which has become a Mecca for art lovers and architects from all over the world
- Hiking, Biking, Rafting, Golf, horse-back riding and all sorts of winter sports are right in front of your doorstep
Good to know
- The Guest House accommodates up to 32 people. If you are a larger group of people (min. 26) you can rent the entire property for your own
When to go
- Winter season lasts from early December until April. Summer is lovely but our favourite season is Fall
How to get there
- By air: Direct flights from London Gatwick to Innsbruck / Austria. (2 hours) Taxi from the Airport to the Hotel. (1 1⁄2 hours). From Zurich by car or public transport 2 1⁄2 to 3 1⁄2 hours
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.