Back in the early 1900s, the Rothschild family made Megève a fashionable ski resort. Even Brigitte Bardot came to Megève in 1959 to spend her second honeymoon here. Now, decades later the picturesque village in the mountains of Savoie is still one of the classiest places to ski with great restaurants, lovely bars and cosy hotels. Situated in the heart of the village and close to the ski lifts, the Hotel Mont Blanc reputation has steadily grown since the 50s, when Megève was at the height of its glory. It was a time of partying and prestigious dinners. Therefore it was a logical choice to decorate their rooms and suites in vintage style, brilliantly reinterpreted to pay tribute to some of the artists to which the hotel owes it's fame. Each room is different, unique and yet they all pay a part in creating the Hotel Mont Blanc's new style which is chic, artistic and couture.Check availability
- 38 rooms, including 11 suites,
- Spa with 4 treatment rooms, Sauna, Jacuzzi, indoor swimming pool, and gym
Wine & Dine
- Le Relais, cuisine of the Alps in an elegant and cozy atmosphere
- Champagne bar “Le Georges”
- Lounge with a library, tea-room
- Mountain casual
- From € 360 per night
Where to eat
La Dame de Pic – Le 1920 for an experience at lunch on the weekend (you can directly come from the slopes) or for a great dinner, the restaurant will offer you an amazing experience. Set Menu, A la Carte, wine pairing, nonalcoholic pairing, and a Wine menu with 3000+ references. The restaurant is in the Four Seasons Megève, Mont d’Arbois.
Les Grands Crus de Fondue: Located near to the Center, in the M de Megève Hotel, this place is an experience. Indeed, it would be a fondue as you probably never had, with selected cheese at your convenience.
Le Refuge du Calvaire: A little retreat on the way to Le Mont d’Arbois. With comfy food and a nice environment, you can even enjoy the terrace when the weather’s nice. A little walk up from the village is possible.
More tips in our Megeve Insider’s Guide.
- Megève's ski area has 450km of slopes and 80 perfectly integrated ski lifts within three areas.
- Cross-country skiing: A huge range of slopes has been developed within the last years.
How to get there
- Airports: Geneva 1 hour drive, Annecy (1h15), Lyon St-Exupéry (2h)
- Megève heliport 10 minutes by car
- Train stations: Sallanches (15 min), Genève TGV (1h),
- Transfer by helicopter from Geneva Airport to Megève heliport – twenty minutes.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.