Back in the early 1900s, the Rothschild family made Megève fashionable. Even Brigitte Bardot came to French ski resort in 1959 to spend her second honeymoon here. Now, decades later, the picturesque village in the mountains of Savoie is still one of the chicest places to ski with great restaurants, lovely bars and cosy hotels. Situated in the heart of the village and close to the ski lifts, Hotel Mont Blanc’s reputation has steadily grown since the 50s — the height of Megève’s glory and a time of partying and prestigious dinners. Its rooms and suites are decorated in a vintage style and pay tribute to some of the artists to which the hotel owes its fame.Check availability
- 38 rooms, including 11 suites.
- Spa with 4 treatment rooms, sauna, jacuzzi, indoor swimming pool, and gym
Wine & Dine
- Le Relais offers Alpine cuisine in an elegant and cosy atmosphere
- Champagne bar “Le Georges”
- Lounge with a library, tea-room
- Mountain casual
- From € 360 per night
Where to eat
La Dame de Pic – Le 1920 You can come directly from the slopes for a lunchtime experience at the weekend, or a great dinner. Set in the Four Seasons Megeve, Mont d’Arbois, you can choose from A La Carte or a set menu with either a wine or non-alcoholic pairing.
Les Grands Crus de Fondue: Located near to the centre, in the M de Megève Hotel, this is a fondue experience like no other, where guests can select their own vintage cheeses for the ‘Grand Cru of fondues’.
Le Refuge du Calvaire: A little mountain bistro on the way to Le Mont d’Arbois, with comforting food and a cosy setting. When the sun shines, you can enjoy the terrace and its views. If you want to walk up from the village, you can take the Chemin du Calvaire path.
More tips in our Megeve Insider’s Guide.
- Megève's ski area has 450km of slopes and 80 perfectly integrated ski lifts within three areas.
- Cross-country skiing: a huge range of slopes has been developed in recent years.
How to get there
- Airports: Geneva (1 hour), Annecy (1hour 15), Lyon St-Exupéry (2hours)
- Megève heliport is 10 minutes by car
- Train stations: Sallanches (15 mins), Genève TGV (1hour),
- Transfer by helicopter from Geneva Airport to Megève heliport takes 20 minutes.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.