Montagu, South Africa
Jonkmanshof is a private country escape, nestled in the small, picturesque Klein Karoo town of Montagu. The Cape Dutch style heritage house, with its captivating mountain views and manicured farm gardens, harmoniously shares its fully restored original interiors with 18th century Cape furniture and contemporary South African art.Check availability
- Two suites, bathrooms with luxury bathrobes and eco friendly bath range.
- Each suite is an unforgettable experience unto itself and are furnished with a mix of carefully selected antiques and contemporary furniture and art.
- Complimentary high-speed Wi Fi in all suites.
- The accommodation offers a sun terrace, you can swim in the outdoor swimming pool, go hiking or cycling, or relax in the citrus garden and use the barbecue facilities.
- Legendary breakfasts, from seasonal fresh fruit and local roasted coffee, to the full works. They endeavour to promote local artisans, so you will find a selection of their wonderful produce such as fresh farm milk, cheese and our own preserves from their garden and eggs from their hens on your breakfast table each morning.
- Library complete with roaring open fire.
Wine & Dine
- Have a wine tasting at Montagu Winery, described as "the best wine for the price anywhere in the world".
- Totally relaxed
- Starting at € 130 / day
- The Barn On 62, the coffee shop & Restaurant offers freshly baked croissants, homemade pies, burger patties, and basil pesto, as well as local cakes and preserves.
- MonTQ, a lifestyle fine dining restaurant, and coffee shop, offering fresh, unique food crafted from local ingredients a one of a kind eating experience in the Western Cape.
- De Nagmaal is a farm-style shop that adjoins Jonkmanshof - 30 Bath. The shop sells a range of their own ceramics, which includes individually hand painted citrus themed plates, scented candles that reflect the fragrances from their gardens, homemade lemonades from their citrus trees, printed tea towels on pure linen, a variety of preserves from their gardens and various other handmade and prepared goods. The shop’s philosophy is to stock all their own handmade and produce from their gardens as well as goods from Montagu and the region.
- The Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, along the Route 62 – the world’s longest wine route.
How to get there
- Fly into cape town's airport, Montagu is 142 km (scenic 2h drive) from Cape Town Intl Airport.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.