Jonkmanshof - 20 Bath
Montagu, South Africa
Jonkmanshof. A private escape, nestled in the small and picturesque Klein Karoo town of Montagu. The back drop of captivating mountain views and manicured farm gardens enfold the Cape Dutch style heritage house. Contemporary South African art lives with 18 th century Cape furniture in the well preserved and fully restored interiors.
- Two suites, bathrooms with luxury bathrobes and eco friendly bath range
- Each suite is an unforgettable experience unto itself and are furnished with a mix of carefully selected antiques and contemporary furniture and art
- Complimentary high-speed Wi Fi in all suites
- The accommodation offers a sun terrace, you can swim in the outdoor swimming pool, go hiking or cycling, or relax in the citrus garden and use the barbecue facilities.
- Legendary breakfasts, from seasonal fresh fruit and local roasted coffee, to the full works. They endeavour to promote local artisans, so you will find a selection of their wonderful produce such as fresh farm milk, cheese and our own preserves from their garden and eggs from their hens on your breakfast table each morning.
- Library complete with roaring open fire
Wine & Dine
- Have a wine tasting at Montagu Winery, described as "the best wine for the price anywhere in the world"
- The Barn On 62, the coffee shop & Restaurant offers freshly baked croissants, homemade pies, burger patties and basil pesto, as well as local cakes and preserves
- Kokkemans Kitchen Montagu, presents diners with a delightful dining experience and offers cuisine such as Karoo Lamb Curry and Butter Chicken in the Cape Malay style
- MonTQ, lifestyle fine dining restaurant and coffee shop, offering fresh, unique food crafted from local ingredients a one of a kind eating experience in the Western Cape
- De Nagmaal is a farm style shop that adjoins Jonkmanshof - 30 Bath. The shop sells a range of their own ceramics, which includes individually hand painted citrus themed plates, scented candles that reflect the fragrances from their gardens, home made lemonades from their citrus trees, printed tea towels on pure linen, a variety of preserves from their gardens and various other handmade and prepared goods. The shop’s philosophy is to stock all their own handmade and produce form their gardens as well as goods from Montagu and the region.
- The Sanbona Wildlife Reserve, along the Route 62 – the world’s longest wine route.
How to get there
- Fly into cape town's airport, Montagu is 142 km (scenic 2h drive) from Cape Town Intl Airport
Please fill out the contact form to receive a booking offer. We guarantee best rates available.