Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy
Situated in the heart of Tuscany, Il Borro is a century-old hamlet surrounded by 1.100 hectares of organic land. Thanks to meticulous restoration that began in 1993 it has been restored to its former glory and now stands as the custodian of tradition, culture and sustainability and today speaks for the most elegant Tuscan hospitality.Check availability
Guests can choose from many different solutions: the exclusive Dimora Storica, Villa Casetta, 38 elegant and refined suites in the medieval hamlet or 20 new suites “Aie del Borro”. Altogether up to 105 guests can be accommodated.
Within the Estate there is a farm area comprising 2 farmhouses, the Borrigiani. After the major project of restoration of Il Borro, the Borriagiani too were brought to new splendour; today it is a an elite accommodation unique in its kind.
The Viesca Estate, located only 30 minutes from Il Borro and from Florence, is specialized in tailor-made stays in villa, offering guests a range of activities and services to make them feel at home. There several unique and special accommodations; the XVI century manor house as well as another 7 beautiful villas, all with private pools. For more intimate and shorter stays the suites are ideal. There are 17 at the heart of the Estate.
Wine & Dine
- The Osteria del Borro, a gourmet restaurant, serves the products and the recipes based on the principles that guide Il Borro Estate. Il Borro Tuscan Bistro, informal and simple, offers the typical dishes of the Tuscan tradition where seasonal ingredients are the protagonists.
- BorroBar, a comfortable but elegant spot, is ideal for a refreshing sundowner. Guests can also imbibe in something cool at the freshwater infinity pool with creative cocktails, mixed with local liqueurs, fruit and herbs from our organic Estate.
- At the Estate, the philosophy of wellbeing is best expressed by an array of treatments offered at La Corte Spa. This is an exclusive area dedicated to the beauty and harmony of the body and guests can enjoy pleasant moments of regeneration with treatments, massages and sensory journeys. The La Corte Spa offers face and body treatment with the exclusive products of the brand Kanebo Sesai and Pevonia. Also available for guests is a fitness area and outdoor swimming pool where the views of the hills and of the medieval hamlet are breathtaking.
- Rural chic
- Rates start at € 380 per night
- ll Borro offers a series of unique experiences designed to give a taste of authentic Tuscany. From wine tours to cooking classes, from the artisans’ workshops to horseback riding, biking and a whole variety of excursions in and about the countryside.
- In 2020 Il Borro published the first sustainability report demonstrating the continuous search for balance between nature, man and territory. Sustainability, use of renewable energy sources and the agricultural and wine production based on respect for the environment are only a few of the themes that are at the heart of Il Borro. Sustainability begins in 2012 when Il Borro starts the conversion from conventional to organic agriculture. A change in direction based the respect for nature and cultivation cycles.
- Valdarno where Il Borro is situated has an ancient vocation which is that of making wines of excellence. The area is characterized by unique soil and climate conditions and this influences the structure and texture of the wines and places the emphasis on each single type of vine and its ability to adapt to the environment, thus ennobling the wine’s specific characteristics.
- As of 2012, all chemical products were totally eliminated and vineyards started to be managed according to the principles of organic agriculture, with the inclusion of some biodynamic procedures aimed at increasing product sustainability. The goal of our sustainable organic philosophy is to create a closed company productive cycle and to favor biodiversity through the creation of complex ecosystems.
How to get there
- Fly into Florence International airport, an hour drive.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.