Seefeld, Tyrol, Austria
Seefeld in Tyrol is located on a beautiful high plateau. The region was the scene of the Nordic disciplines during the Winter Olympics in 1964 and 1976. Here, the Alps are truly unique: they frame nature instead of taking it over. The landscape opens up sunny to the south from the Zugspitze, giving space to natural diversity and true joie de vivre. So wild and beautiful, with just one step you are already in the middle of it. Tyrol's most beautiful high plateau stretches between mountain and valley, forest and meadow, air and water. Welcome to 1,200 metres, where true diversity awaits!Check availability
- 90 luxurious rooms & suites. With attention to detail and generous in size.
- The new wellness rooms and suites are architectural highlights, some come with their own sauna and fireplace.
- New ski cellar.
Wellness & SPA
The Spa reveals a truly unique ambiance - thanks to historic walls, illuminated with countless candles and innovative lighting design. Five Water areas, seven saunas, including the new family sauna. A unique, completely hand-carved sauna as well as the 37°C roof top pool with an incredible panorama.
Stylish active fitness room and the new yoga room.
- The Hotel was a former Augustinian monastery from 1516, built by Emperor Maximilian I. Today it is one of the most legendary hospitality businesses in the Tyrolean Alps, run by the 6th generation.
- Hike through their 150,000 square meter nature park, adjacent to all hiking routes in the region.
Wine & Dine
- Regionality and enjoyment come together on 1,200m² in a total of 9 exclusive dinner locations. Be pampered by the ¾ Vital Gourmet Pension, treat yourself to a refreshing sip of home-brewed beer, enjoy hearty steaks and a variety of vegan and vegetarian dishes in the Bräukeller Grill & Veggie.
- The 150 migratory chickens will soon be moving in - in the specially converted ski bus. Then they will be chauffeured over the parish hill, where they can find the freshest grass and the tastiest grains every day. That's exactly what they need to lay the most delicious eggs, which then end up in the HAPPY EGG wall. From there, each guest can take out their very own egg from their room compartment and prepare it themselves.
- Dress up smart for dinner. Mountain casual during the day.
- Rooms starting at € 392 per night.
- Seefeld is a cross-country skiing eldorado. Near the hotel you will find 279 kilometers of cross-country pistes.
- Ski: The area is an ideal family skiing area due to flat pistes. The skiing resorts Rosshütte and Gschwandkopf offer state-of-the-art lift and pistes.
- Hiking tours on the Seefelder Joch and the Seefelder Spitze.
- Relaxed hike or cross-country skis to the Möserer See.
- Insider tip: Go on private guided tours with the hotel’s own active guides (summer and winter).
- Various hiking paths lead through alpine pastures.
- Not only for experienced mountaineers there are numerous opportunities. You find different mountain bike routes, from easy to challenging ones.
- The 18 hole golf course Wildmoos is in the immediate area.
- The Seefeld region - Tyrol's high plateau is located in the midst of a unique landscape and borders on Austria's largest nature park - the Karwendel Nature Park. In order to protect and preserve the natural diversity and vitality of the region and also to offer future generations a good basis for life, they strive - today and tomorrow - to think and act ecologically, socially and economically according to appropriate guidelines.
When to go
- To enjoy the Tyrolean summer visit between June and September. You will find the best skiing conditions from January until March.
How to get there
- By air: The nearest airport is Innsbruck (25 km). Alternatively Munich which is a 2 hour car ride.
- By train: Seefeld has it's own railway station which is great connected to all german major cities.
- By car: Easy reachable from Munich via Garmisch Partenkirchen.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.