San Cassiano, Alta Badia, Dolomites, Italy
Hotel Rosa Alpina
Hotel Rosa Alpina is nestled in the village of San Cassiano at 1,537 metres above sea level in the Alta Badia region of the Italian Dolomites. Just two-and-a-half hours north of Venice and two hours south of Innsbruck, the hotel is conveniently accessible along the Dolomite Drive from Cortina and an ideal stop to be incorporated into an Italian itinerary. Divine by design, each of Hotel Rosa Alpina’s 52 guest accommodations is individually outfitted with attractive furnishings, fine materials like linen, wood and marble, and authentic aged chests intermingling with artwork and antiques.Check availability
- The hotel has 52 rooms and suites plus their penthouse and Chalet Zeno. There are five room categories: single, deluxe, junior suites, suites and chalet loft suites.
- Amenities include: tv, refrigerated private bar, beauty spa toiletries, slippers and bathrobes, safe, several accommodations have fireplaces, but features vary by room type.
- Rosa Alpina Spa, with 8 treatment rooms.
- Two separate wellness areas – one for adults and one for families.
- Adults Wellness Area - The simple design combines Alpine flair and handpicked designer pieces by B&B Italia and Vitrato create a stylish yet natural and warm ambience: Bio sauna, Finnish sauna, hammam, cold plunge pool. The bio sauna is surrounded by woodland giving guests the sensation of being in the middle of the forest. Yoga Studio: located on the first floor with large windows overlooking the woods.
- Gym: located on the first floor next to the yoga studio.
- Indoor pool and relaxation area: located on a mezzanine on the ground floor.
- Family Wellness Area: Featuring an indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Finnish sauna, steam room and a cold plunge pool.
- During the summer months the private garden invites guests to relax after outdoor activities.
- Ask for the the state-of-the-art chalet loft suite with its open-plan and sized around 50 m² and a lovely south facing terrace.
Wine & Dine
- St. Hubertus is a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
- Wine Bar & Grill offers grilled meats and vegetables, all-homemade pasta, and wood-oven pizza
- Fondue Stuben serves savory cheese and meat fondues
- Limonaia offers an extensive breakfast buffet
- Classic for dinner, mountain casual during the day
- Rosa Alpina offers rooms from € 630 per night
Worth getting out of bed for
- Is a trip to fashionable Cortina, the 'queen of the Dolomites' and paradise of winter sports. Cortina offers plenty of scope for skiers of all grades with miles of carefully maintained pistes. Its restaurants are some of the finest in northern Italy
Good to know
- The hotel owns two private chalets at 2000m altitude, to reserve for guests who want to spend a day in the mountains and have a private place to stay at
- Alta Badia is part of the largest connected ski area in the world. There are 78 miles of ski slopes in the region along with direct ski connections to more than 1,000 nearby slopes.
- Assistance on booking of skiing instructors and ski rental
- Aside from skiing, adventurers can challenge themselves by snowshoeing, ice climbing on frozen waterfalls, and heli skiing to routes high in the Dolomite peaks
How to get there
- Nearest airports: Bolzano 80 Km, Innsbruck 150 Km, Venice 200 Km, Munich 250 Km
- Car: Take the Brennero Motorway A22, exit Chiusa, follow signs to val gardena, via Gardena pass and Colfosco you reach San Cassiano, the hotel is just 50 metres from the church
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.