Val Thorens, France
At an altitude of 2300 m, Val Thorens is rightly recognised for the unparalleled quality of its snow, guaranteed from November through May. Its location offers an impressive amount of sunshine and snowfall, is surrounded by 6 glaciers and 6 equipped peaks above 3000 m. Altapura fulfills the dreams of winter sports enthusiasts and those who love great expanses of white. Connoisseurs of a certain way of life, appreciative of beautiful things, will fall under the spell of this 5-star hotel that offers space and elegance, a reminder of the grand palace hotels.
- 72 rooms and 16 suites Altapura offers large French windows light wood and warm fabrics, tailored furniture, the cosiest of beds, a mineral-inspired bathroom equipped with a spacious shower and bathtub. Its special are spacious storage including space for cases, mini bar, Ipod dock and a Mac Mini TV with HD screen. Private Parking, Conciergerie
- Pure Altitude Spa features treatments and rituals taking their inspiration from their inspiration from the traditions Nordic and Baltic 7 treatment rooms including a duo room indoor / outdoor swimming pool Jacuzzi / XXL Sauna / Humid Sauna / Igloo / Hammam Relaxing room / Fitness room Tepidarium / Waterfall showers Sensory lights and light therapy, Ice fountains
- Make use of the extraordinary 1000m² Spa Pure Altitude reserved for well-being, muscular relaxation, physical preparation and recuperation.
Wine & Dine
- The 2.MILLE.3 satisfies every craving: the “skier formula” offers quick bites for those who can not wait to get back on the slopes or a more traditional menu for gourmets seeking a relaxing meal... In the evening, it is show time for the chefs: rotisserie, Asian woks, pasta dishes, selection of local cheeses, everything one needs to regain strength before returning to attack the snowy peaks! The classic fondue becomes a gourmet creation at La Laiterie with tastings and choice of ingredients before cooking. Follow the advice of the head sommelier and master cheesemaker for a flawless food and wine pairing sure to delight and inspire any tastebuds! A glamorous and festive atmosphere reigns at Les Enfants Terribles - Val Thorens, offering a menu full of flavor: variations on the truffle, marvelous oyster bar, and rotisserie roast meats of exquisite quality... Let yourself be carried away by the delicious atmosphere in this chic mountain bistro!
- Shop the eye-catcher of the season Kjus skiwear at Mr Porter
- Double Rooms from € 302 / day, including breakfast
Worth getting out of bed for
- Altapura offers a unique Extreme Sports Concierge (ESC). Do not hesitate and enjoy Ice driving, Tobogganing, Paragliding, Snowmobile, Paintball, Glacier hiking, Snow-shoe walking. Extreme Sports Concierge is on hand just for you, to put together a tailored program of sensations. ESC will advise you on the top spots, book the best high-altitude mountain guides for you, and on your return, listen to your impressions of the day so that the next day is even more amazing
- Since its creation, Altapura has called upon creativity! Craftsmen and women, artists, commissioned furniture, ordered works of art, décor imagined like a painting, breathtaking photo exhibitions... The Hotel invites you to discover and share in the world of photographers, sculptors and designers that have produced unique creations
- Jean Slupice youngest chef in france to be awarded Two michelin stars
- The Epicurien showcases seasonal food from traditional producers, with the accent on fish and seafood
Coolest bars & clubs
- Saloon is a lively bar, which sometimes has live music at apres-ski. Later on, there's often dancing. It specializes in cocktails
- Tango this bar has long been popular in Val Thorens
- Malaysia Bar/Club alternates DJ Sets and Live Music
When to go
- You will never miss out snow during December and April since the altitude guarantees perfect conditions. If you want to enjoy sun go in March or April
- Ski to the two remaining valleys of Meribel and Courchevel. You will be impressed by this endless ski resort
How to get there
- Fly to Chambéry (2h), Grenoble, Geneva, Lyon (2 1/2h)
- SNCF train station: Moûtiers-Salins (45 min)
- Drive to Moûtiers and take up the twisting road to Val Thorens
Please fill out the contact form to receive a booking offer. We guarantee best rates available.