St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Nestled in the middle of the Alberg mountains in the heart of the village of St Anton, the Himmlhof is a four-star alpine hideaway. Whether you wish to ski, hike winter trails or lounge in your bathrobe, this boutique hotel is a warm and welcoming choice. Run by the Penz family, it is a love letter to their much loved region and designed to create the feeling of a home from home.Check availability
- With old wood paneling, stylish fabrics, fireplaces, tiled stoves, sitting areas, and balconies, each of the rooms and suites is designed to make you feel comfortable and at home.
- Bathrooms boast every comfort from hairdryers to bathrobes.
- High-speed Wi-Fi
A word from the Penz family
- “We love the Tyrolean mountains. We like it cosy. And we couldn’t help but give luxury a new form. Warm, simple and without frills. Our boutique hotel in Tyrol is a home for guests who like to experience alpine charm in a pure way. ”
Wellness & SPA
- The Himmlhof SPA is equipped with discreet luxury, encouraging harmony and pure relaxation. Highlights include the newly designed indoor pool, Finnish sauna, aroma steam bath and rock grotto cooling pool.
Wine & Dine
Breakfast: A fantastic breakfast buffet is served including fresh bread from the baker, sweet pastries, homemade muesli and jams, organic cheeses, and finely sliced meats from the Tyrolean butcher. Alongside prosciutto and salami from Italy, scrambled eggs with bacon, grilled sausages and French toast with maple syrup.
Afternoon Snacks: The ‘hiker and skier snack’ is one of our favourite touches at the Himmlhof. They serve freshly baked cakes, spicy bacon, organic cheeses, homemade spreads, hot venison sausages, hearty Austrian meatloaf, refined salads and hot soups.
Dinner: There is no dinner option at the hotel, but the hotel staff are happy to make dinner reservations at one of the many great restaurants in town.
Pre or post dinner drinks: Meet at the Himmlhof Bar for an aperitif or nightcap in front of the fireplace.
- St Anton is a proper Ski town. Fusalp on and off the slopes.
- Rooms starting at € 430 per night
Recommendations from the Penz family
- The Penz family has walked nearly every path there is to hike or tour in both winter and summer and is always willing to share their favorite experiences and recommendations with their guests.
Worth getting out of bed for
- Guaranteed snow and excellent piste conditions are the ever-reliable hallmarks of Austria's largest inter-connected ski area. Ski Arlberg , which comprises the villages of St. Anton am Arlberg, St. Christoph, Stuben, Lech, Zürs, Warth and Schröcken, consists of more than 300 km of marked slopes and 200 km of off-piste trails. The 87 state-of-the-art cable cars and lifts offer the highest standards of safety, comfort, and efficiency. The region is also a founding member of ‘Best of the Alps’, the quality association of the 13 most renowned alpine destinations.
Winter start 2022/23
- Will start on the first December weekend.
- The best ski hire and equipment with the friendliest team can be found in the Alber Sport Freeride Shop or Alber check-in shop.
Where to eat and drink in town
Galzig Bistro Bar is meeting place for many locals.
Giggls in the pedestrian is known for its extremely tasty antipasti and amazing cocktails.
How to get there
- Nearest airports: Innsbruck (1 hour); Zurich (2.5 hours); Munich (3 hours).
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.