St Johann im Pongau, Salzburg Alps, Austria
Haven Mountain Retreat
Haven Mountain Retreat is the newest hotel in the collection of the Höllwart family, located in St. Johann Alpendorf deep in the Salzburg Alps. It opened its doors in December 2022 and offers families, couples, and groups of friends the independence of luxury-designed suites combined with the comfort of a superior hotel, right at the slopes of Ski amadé, Austria's largest ski area.Check availability
- The Haven Mountain Retreat features 34 serviced apartments with 2-3 rooms, ranging from 51 - 87m2, with kitchenette, and balcony. Including 3 signature apartments from 57 - 77 m2 with panoramic views and freestanding bathtubs.
- The interiors are in a cozy, puristic Scandinavian design, characterized by light natural tones, solid wood, and custom-made furniture.
- Room service with breakfast service.
- The hotel is open all year round.
- What we love about the hotel is its offerings. From a comprehensive concierge service, and their creative catering service, to the in-house sports equipment rental and ski school.
Wellness & Spa
- Year-round heated infinity outdoor pool with 360° panorama views.
- The wellness area comes with several adults-only saunas.
Wine & Dine
- À la Carte rooftop restaurant 'deck7': Directly on the slopes, next to the chairlift on the 7th floor of the hotel. You can enjoy creative cuisine, spirits & a boundless view over the mountains in the most beautiful ambience.
- Upscale Austrian cuisine with regional produce. From Simmentaler beef filet to fried char or grilled lobster. Take a look at the menu here.
- In the morning, start your day at the breakfast buffet. Several egg dishes are offered as well as smoked trout or local speck.
- Après-Ski with DJ: A selection of snacks from fries to caviar are served in the afternoon. You can access the deck7 directly from the piste in ski boots.
- Après-ski chic.
- Rooms start at EUR 225 per room per night during the summer season.
Ski-in and Ski-out
- Ski-in and Ski-out, the hotel offers direct ski access to the 6-seater chairlift, as well as the gondola station.
- The hotel is located in St. Johann im Pongau right at the start of the skiing resort 'Snow Space Salzburg ski area' with its 70 lifts and 210 kilometers of perfect pistes.
- More than 90 % blue and red slopes and numerous offers for families and active vacationers make St. Johann-Alpendorf a popular hotspot for families.
- Ski touring, cross-country skiing.
- Winter hiking, tobogganing, snowshoeing, horse-drawn sleigh rides.
- Ice skating in the St. Johann ice stadium.
- The city of Salzburg is only a 45-minute drive from the hotel. Worth a day trip.
- Yoga sessions are offered several times a week.
- MTB, e-biking.
- Stand-Up paddling, kayaking, canoeing, rafting.
- Paragliding, tandem flying, hot air balloon rides.
- 9-hole golf course OPEN GOLF and 18 other courses within a radius of 60 km.
- Various mountain lakes with swimming possibilities in the vicinity.
- There are two nearby restaurants that the hotel recommends: Oberforsthof Alm and Alpina bistro.
How to get there
- By car: A10 Tauern motorway - exit for Bischofshofen/Sankt Johann, towards Sankt Johann/Alpendorf.
- By train: The train station in St Johann has express train links.
- By air: Salzburg Airport 60 km, Munich Airport 230 km.
Haven Mountain Retreat
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.