Santa Margherita Ligure, Ligurian Coast, Italy
Grand Hotel Miramare
Since 1903, The Grand Hotel Miramare has been a gleaming white pearl on the italian coastline. Set between the brilliant blue of its sea and the park's rich greenery, it stands like a beacon of luxury and history. Built by Giacomo Costa, Miramare was one of the first Grand Hotels on the Riviera and rapidly become a must for the international jet setters of the time. Still today, the elegance of the Miramare’s white façade strikes the eye even from a considerable distance. Closer inspection reveals its sophisticated trompe l’oeils and floral decorations in the Leonardesque fresco style, a work that restored the Grand Hotel to its original turn of the century splendor. The area has long been considered an urban paradise, and the nearby Cinque Terre is classed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Fresh fish, sun and sea, make the Ligurian Coast the perfect location for one of the world's most perfect hotels.Check availability
- 75 individually styled bedrooms, 5 junior suites and 4 deluxe suites.
- Some rooms enjoy private balconies overlooking the riviera, the Mediterranean gardens or the beautiful park.
- All rooms come with wifi, air conditioning, tv, safe and hairdryer.
- Luxury wellness centre with a floating water bed, sensory shower and a range of facial and massage packages.
- Park gazebo for outdoor massages and treatments.
- Swimming pool and Mediterranean garden.
- The Miramare suite in Room 105 is where the one and only Guglielmo Marconi famously stayed in 1933. The suite (the only one on the 1st floor of the Grand Hotel), has its own balcony overlooking the Gulf of Tigullio.
Wine & Dine
- Grand Hotel Miramare's own restaurant, Les Bougainvillées, blends Ligurian traditions with modern elegance.
- Cookery presentations available on request.
- Three bars, including the barracuda piano bar and a poolside bar.
- 60's Riviera glamour
- Rooms from € 360 / night
- Reve, Santa Margherita
- Cesarina, Santa Margherita
- The coastline of the Cinque Terre, with its stunning hillsides and fishing towns is a UNESCO World Heritage Site not to be missed. A passenger ferry runs between the five villages, or a walking trail known as Sentiero Azzurro can also be used to reach each one.
How to get there
- Santa Margherita Ligure is just 42 km from Genoa Cristoforo Colombo Airport and around 140 km from Pisa International Airport. However by train is most convenient, with its main station being just 1 km from the hotel.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.