Serranía de Ronda, Andalucia, Spain
Finca La Donaira
Finca La Donaira is an eco retreat of discreet luxury, organic farm and equestrian centre located on the top of the Andalusian Serranía de Ronda, in southern Spain. Offering accommodation in just nine individually-designed rooms; friendly and professional service; state-of-the-art facilities including a spa; and an infinite list of tailor-made activities from horse riding and wellness to music festivals and wedding celebrations. Tourism is one of the many activities at La Donaira that we hope will inspire a dialogue about intelligent design and architecture, the arts, agriculture in the modern era and our role in the natural world.Check availability
- Only nine individually-designed rooms with handcrafted furniture. Some with spectacular views.
- At La Donaira you can be sure to enjoy a restful sleep in individually designed suites or in award-winning international yurts, waking up to the song of the birds. And spend your days hiking and cycling, horseback riding and exploring, or just lying by the pool. Everything is designed to help you feel good, from healthy, organic, mainly vegetarian food to our hiking trails and meditation sites, the outdoor swimming pool fed by spring water, the yoga platform, and the spa.
Wine & Dine
- In the Cortijo you can taste products grown on their land and fresh, home-grown local and organic food prepared by talented chefs. In good company, with conversations around the table continuing into the late hours of the night under starry skies, with one or two glasses of good wine.
- No dresscode - just pack a good book.
- Rooms from € 340. Accommodation is offered on an all-inclusive basis, and covers breakfast, lunch, dinner; all drinks and snacks. Shuttles, treatments, riding lessons, hacks and additional experiences are extra. Rates are the same in high and low seasons.
Worth getting out of bed for
- Choose from equestrian activities designed for advanced and leisure riders, spa and wellness programs, mountain biking, hiking and trekking, farm tours, medicinal garden tours, hands-on gastronomy workshops, wine or olive oil tasting, and guided stargazing on the property. Or just lie in the shade of an ancient Encino, breathe deep and take in the peace and spectacular views.
When to go
- We loved going in March & April, keep it off-season.
- Daily yoga sessions in the massage room during the winter and on our yoga platform with incredible views during the summer. Private sessions or in groups.
Good to know
- The estate occupies 1500 acres at the top of the Serranía de Ronda; a rolling terrain ranging from rocky crags and old oaks to olive and almond groves, through green valleys dotted with plantations, organic orchards, and a vineyard. They have sheep and goats, rare and endangered breeds of cattle such as the pajuna cow, chickens, and bees, they breed Lusitanian horses.
How to get there
- Fly to Seville or Malaga, expect a 2h drive from both.
- Highly recommended: Hire a car at the airport, makes your journey easier.
Join the newsletter
Curated experiences, travel tips, and latest reviews, not to be missed.